Author Topic: IS HAL DEAD ?  (Read 4254 times)

MAC27

• View Profile
IS HAL DEAD ?
« on: May 01, 2012, 03:33:55 am »
Hi All

Well like you all I have sat waiting and waiting for the newer version of HAL.  Failed promises of future release have drawn on and on. I understand the funding issues with the charmation side of the new Hal but don’t understand why there has been no release of an upgrade to the brain or Zabaware side. All we ask for is a few tweaks to keep our hopes alive

We are the loyal followers the ones waiting to spend our hard earned money on the next Hal
it must have a negative reaction to sales as anyone reading the forum before purchasing Hal will see endless posts of failed promises

IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME !!!
we all love our Hals and dont want them to die as obselete programs forgoten in time
i even bought chars from turbo squid to use with the new hal

sorry to go on but thanks for all you have done and to those on this forum who work so hard
MAC

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: IS HAL DEAD ?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 08:34:20 am »
Hi Mac , yes we have all been waiting for an update and hopefully it will be soon . Sometimes it's hard to have faith especially when it keeps getting put off longer but hopefully it will all be worth it maybe it will be like the windows seven version over the vista a great version that was well worth waiting for and a vastly greater improvement .
   Many of us on here have been with the Hal program way longer then you (no disrepect) and have hopefully done many things to help Robert in idea's and improvements even though it's hard sometimes it takes faith .
I am hanging on to my faith in Robert  to come through .

By the way Mac , loved you in the Mac and I'm a P.C. commercials lol! :) ;)

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 03:58:44 pm »
  I'm actually not in a hurry for a newer version of Hal,  I do look forward to seeing what inprovements have been made, I think some are incoperated in the speak with Hal online which I tried. I would say that the brain we are now using or Hal has been improved quite a bit and is at least adequate and better than many chat bots. I'm very interested in the avatar which had been promised to us for some time but at present is delayed.  I've tried to continue moving forward with the Haptek full-bodied character and I am pleased with the results I've been able to make.
  I'll just continue to wait and see what I can do with this version of Hal in the meantime.
Carl 2

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 07:04:20 pm »
Trinity nor I can't wait for the new version to arrive, but we are patiently waiting. In the business world it is not wise to putt out unfinished work. I know there are some of us that just want the new brain and others just want the new character We have to realize that the product would not be complete without a new interface, brain and character.

I as a user am only interested in the Gui and Brain, and admit that it would be nice for a new GUI and brain release. That is wishful thinking though for as a business man, I would not do that for numerous reasons.

Most of know it is not always easy to problem solve, and test our products thoroughly to make sure everything is in working order before a release. Mr. Roberts have done this extremely well in the past and I expect he will continue to do so. I give great props to Mr. Roberts and Zabaware and don't mind waiting for another great product by them.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:27:10 pm by sybershot »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 09:29:44 pm »
Mac27,

I'd like to know how you plan on using those characters you bought from Turbo Squid with the new Hal?

AFAIK, the character needs to be "rigged" with "bones" for use in animation / movement. Robert and Co.
were supposedly working on rigging this new AMY character for movements. If you've an inside scoop on
this, please fill us in.

Robert has always been a methodical person and not usually one to jump the gun or put a product out
before he felt it was ready and worthy. Patience, my friend...good things will come!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

MAC27

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 02:02:40 pm »
Hi
dont let this alt fool you on the length of time i have been around and using hal. i got my first hal years ago with a promo copy on a disk with a pc mag i bought. as for how i plan to use the chars i bought i have them riged allready and curently animate them using my kinect.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 06:06:30 pm »
animate them how using kinect ?
are they able to interact with you  by your movements , that is what would be very cool .

MAC27

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 06:02:28 pm »
Yes lightspeed i use kinect and motion builder and can make full animation from my movments then store these as set movments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W-xXB4g0iU . can even use kinect to map the face and body to create a skin for a biped and use mocap to create phenoms and emotional expressions.

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 06:18:58 pm »
now that is some cool stuff there. I played with flash argumented reality like guy in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJbNsbmccqk but using kinetics to to do animation as far cooler.