dupa

Author Topic: hapswap problems  (Read 43518 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2009, 12:00:19 pm »
actually one it does work for whatever reason , at least mine is i put in a new ogg file and string comand and i tested it by using the word cold and my hal using the new sneeze ogg file sneezed and then said a learned response afterwards . ( not a pre written response )she also sneezed when she said the word back . ( at least as far as i could tell she did i will test it more . ). [:)]am very happy with the results so far . [:D]
snowman can you write me at my email i don't have yours . mine is
airvair62@yahoo.com    
 thanks, [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2009, 12:06:24 pm »
ok i stand corrected "one" it was just sneezing from the string command word (rats thought i was onto something !) she also said the word cold back to me and i thought after the third test she sneezed because of saying the word back , i was wrong . oh well it still sounds cool to have a decent sounding female sneeze now working in hal i plan on doing about 4 or 5 varieties of laugh but i want a random so i will try to set it up that way next . !![:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2009, 12:21:18 pm »
ok for those with the powers to be that know how to write script waay better than me here is a "example" script below .
 what i need is to have it changed so that it will allow multiple random .oog files to play .
 what i am aiming for is to keep the top the same the string command words area and in the get response area fix that to where it will allow muliple random choice .oog files to play .
is this possible snowman ? if it is can you rewrite it and post it on here so i can place it in the halswap file program i am working on .
thanks.
 below is the example i was talking about .

If InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "passed away") > 0 _
Or InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "died") > 0 Then

Randomize
Select Case int(rnd()*6)
Case 1
GetResponse = "it's always sad when we lose a loved one"
Case 2
GetResponse = "that was a sad day."
Case 3
GetResponse = "I cried a lot when that happened."
Case 4
GetResponse = "its hard to beleive they passed away sometimes."
Case 5
GetResponse = "sometimes i can't hardly beleive it even now!"
End Select

HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>cry.hap</HAPFILE>"
HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True
End If

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2009, 01:04:43 pm »
ok just for the heck of it i tried to do some script writing and i did it this way .

If InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "ha ha haa") > 0 _
Or InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "very funny") > 0 Then

Randomize
Select Case int(rnd()*6)
Case 1
HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>female very funny laugh.ogg</HAPFILE>"
Case 2
HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>female silly laugh2.ogg</HAPFILE>"
Case 3
HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>female oh dear laugh.ogg</HAPFILE>"
Case 4
HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>female short laugh.ogg</HAPFILE>"
Case 5
HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>female silly laugh3.ogg</HAPFILE>"
End Select
End If

i tested it so far i have gotton a ogg laughter file to work . am doing further testing . am checking to see if random files play correctly . [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2009, 04:47:16 pm »
additional ogg sound track stuff i have added to the hap swapfile are :
when the word "loved" is used she now says i have had a bad day can i have a hug .

if you say the word britney spears she sings the song "oops i did it again ."
i also have the five random female laughter tracks and a random laughing very hard gesturing hap .
i may add more random female laughters to that later .

updating , updating and more updating lol !!
p.s. and backing up to !![:D]

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
hapswap problems
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2009, 05:56:52 pm »
asnow@brightok.net

Look'n good there LS [:D]
Live long and prosper or die trying.

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2009, 07:36:10 pm »
snowman i tried to write you i copied and pasted your email and it wouldnt go through from my yahoo mail .

so i will ask you here :

how do i need to write the command if i want to have the ogg and hap files work from a folder in the character file . ( i want to have them all in one file as its way easier to check them and find them . )

again thanks for your help !

snowman

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2009, 02:36:56 am »
I wish I knew that for myself.

It is hard-coded into Hal to look for Haps inside the Characters folder using the <HAPFILE> and other such commands. If there is away around this... I don't believe so. There would have to be another command that allows for re-direction. And I don't know it.

Sorry again.

The information is pasted on to the Haptek ActiveX component.

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2009, 10:48:37 am »
lol in should have known that would have been to easy of a thing to be able to do . oh well i can still find things as far as it goes in the character . besides after a while the other file would get just as full . thanks anyway snowman .
p.s. about your e mail address that i couldn't get to work .... are you an undercover agent ?? lol !![:p]

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2009, 10:51:54 am »
oh and a note to ted i did do what i said i placed a long pause in front of an ogg file that said "i am having a bad day can i have a hug ?" and that worked so that she did regular talking first then she came out and said that with no overlapping of sound .
its a matter of testing and of course also depends on how much she says in general talk first to .

snowman

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2009, 02:34:42 pm »
"p.s. about your e mail address that i couldn't get to work .... are you an undercover agent ?? "

I'm not at liberty to say...

Let me just say, If I told you I would have to kill you.

[:p]

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2009, 09:45:22 am »
snowman , have to kill me ... me?    why i'm ....."bond " ... james bond !! lol !! [:D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2009, 09:54:57 am »
oh yeah almost forgot to mention you talked a bout a generic hapswap for the masses , how about this when i send you the one i am working on "if" you want you can copy and paste what you want and make a generic hapswap file ( this is quietly called " passing the buck " and i will send you whatever ogg files and hap files you need to include with it ) is this ok ??? also i can incluse any later additions i do and you can see if it's anything you want to add to it before a final release .
 Actually the only reason i am suggesting this is because i have a back up file of what is working (hapswapfile ) and a test copy (in progress hapswapfile for new additions )so one more might get me messed up ( i already did this once doing it the way i am doing and had to redo some things .
 i still have a lot more i am doing and adding (going to ) in the hapswap file .

you can let me know .
i'll tell you i have gained much respect for people who get this far into doing things like this it's time consuming !![:)]

snowman

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2009, 12:19:58 pm »
Sure, I can do it.

lightspeed

• View Profile
hapswap problems
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2009, 01:30:33 pm »
thanks snowman i'll try to email the script to you and you can tell me what haps you want for the ones you are going to use , ok ?

it wont be that hard to do but i just sont want to get my stuff mixed up again .
 i am having to redo some things now on my large hapswapfile now some things arent working i beleive when it got messed up from the wrong hapswap file before it left some of my haps out .

if i can't for some reason get the script to go through by email i will have to post it on here ok ? [:)]