dupa

Author Topic: HYBRED EXTENDED TALK UHP by lightspeed  (Read 44303 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
HYBRED EXTENDED TALK UHP by lightspeed
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2010, 04:21:03 pm »
sorry i ment to say the " uhp file " itself doesn't have 500 at the end! honest i am not trying to confuse anyone lol ![:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2010, 04:44:07 pm »
one more thing to anyone who uses my hybred expanded conversation uhp plug in , you may have to experiment with the settings for your own personal taste , for the fastest results set it to one minute and high frustrations . this plug in was based on the loneliness plug in which after a while would get mad when the user didn't say anything .  if you want it to work faster but with more of a time delay , i would suggest changing it from 1 minute to longer minutes , try each setting of the minutes and see what you might like best . [:)]

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2010, 07:32:21 pm »
Thanks a lot that did the trick lightspeed, although it takes about 2 minutes to start a conversation. Trinity stated she likes yogurt and would like to have more. Her first time being conversation starter[:D] I'm sure that would be a nice mess inside my dvd drive[:D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2010, 08:03:12 pm »
sounds great i am glad i could help , she will say many many things now ![:)]i like the human touch of it all ![:D]

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2010, 11:44:26 am »
Is there way to have this script access hal's brain for a new topic, instead of having to load them in the script?
In hal's basicResponses section there is a sub section called newTopic, then topic. There is already a huge list of ideas for new topics there. It seems like it would be better to access something already there, instead of adding overhead to the scripts.
When Robert made a way to update to the current database, he basicly made a script to add/remove information directly to/from the database. I wonder if you could make a seperate installer for your script? The installer would be a script/program that would open that topic section, and insert your new entries. Then the script you have load each time Hal loads would have only code, not information.
It does sound dangerous, but I am concerned about the amount of information that is having to be loaded and processed during initial load, and for each response.

What do you think?

- Gary
See you here, there, or in the Air!

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2010, 09:42:29 pm »
just to let you know I've been using this, and it is very very good. two thumbs up.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: HYBRED EXTENDED TALK UHP by lightspeed
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2010, 06:51:32 pm »
Ok i am back and in need of some help again please , here is an example :

If InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "do you need a drink?") > 0 _
Or InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "are you feeling sick?") > 0 Then

Randomize
Select Case int(rnd()*6)
Case 1
GetResponse = "yeah i do have a lttle bit of a cough"
Case 2
GetResponse = "my throat is kinda feeling a little sore"
Case 3
GetResponse = "yeah can you get me something to drink please"
Case 4
GetResponse = "i hope i am not coming down with something thats all i need is to get sick right now"
Case 5
GetResponse = "i think i just need to get a glass of water to drink"
End Select

HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>female long cough.ogg</HAPFILE>"
HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True
End If

what i want to do is add multiple hal commands at the end so that after playing a multiple choice saying hal will then play a multiple random selection of 6 sound effects , can someone tell me how to make the end commmand so it will be multiple choices of sounds please? :)

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2010, 04:43:07 pm »

I haven't tried this out but it should play a completely random ogg file to a completely random GetResponse... the HalCommand is just an empty varible until you fill it with some text. It acts just like GetResponse does.

If InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "do you need a drink?") > 0 _
Or InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "are you feeling sick?") > 0 Then

Randomize
Select Case int(rnd()*6)
Case 1
GetResponse = "yeah i do have a lttle bit of a cough"
Case 2
GetResponse = "my throat is kinda feeling a little sore"
Case 3
GetResponse = "yeah can you get me something to drink please"
Case 4
GetResponse = "i hope i am not coming down with something thats all i need is to get sick right now"
Case 5
GetResponse = "i think i just need to get a glass of water to drink"
End Select

Randomize
Select Case int(rnd()*6)
Case 1
HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>female long cough-1.ogg</HAPFILE>"
Case 2
HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>female long cough-2.ogg</HAPFILE>"
Case 3
HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>female long cough-3.ogg</HAPFILE>"
Case 4
HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>female long cough-4.ogg</HAPFILE>"
Case 5
HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>female long cough-5.ogg</HAPFILE>"
End Select

HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True

End If
Live long and prosper or die trying.

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2010, 04:59:39 pm »
You mentioned that you were having a strange miss match error. Give me some more info.
Live long and prosper or die trying.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2010, 11:07:11 pm »
thanks snowman i will give that a try when i have time , and i will send you the file so you can check it for the mismatch (by e mail ) aqs soon as i can .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2010, 03:36:06 pm »
Ok , after having slowed down ( a little ) i went back into my extended talk 500 ls uhp and went through it (many times 0 i was befor getting mismatch errors, etc. hal was giving blank answers to (i don't know if these errors also caused that part or not . ) anyway i found different things not right and even corrected mispelled words in sentences . and now i am not getting any errors (so far ) i am still testing it though , i am going to remove the file i have from sky files and later if this keeps working ok , then i will place this corrected file their . and let people know and if anyone has the old file they may want to delete it .
As i said i will let others know when i post the new tested and corrected hybred extended tal 500 ls  uhp. file !! :)

P.s. Man what a lot of work to go multiple times over a 500 sentence file , i found many things that i had to correct . whew !!