dupa

Author Topic: Ask The Date Function  (Read 8360 times)

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
Ask The Date Function
« on: September 18, 2015, 11:48:59 pm »
I ran into an issue with Hal where every so often I need to know the date, just a quick question. Hal came back with an enormous definition of the date. Disappointing. So, I wrote a small plug-in for Hal to give the date when asked.. and nothing else.. strange thing is, vrFreewill is supposed to do this, but it works only occasionally and even sometimes stores the information, which leads to confusion. The command to give the Date is actually already in the HalBrain,so I'm surprised I couldn't find anything else on this or it hasn't been more widely used in other plug-ins. Anyway, here it is. Ask the date function. Put it in the HAL installation file, activate it in the plug-in panel, now you've got the date at your finger tips.. and at the corner of your screen, but don't worry about that. Feel free to improve. If you happen to make it even more effective somehow, please share.

-Spitfire   
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 12:00:55 am by Spitfire2600 »

doggs

• View Profile
Re: Ask The Date Function
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 08:10:15 pm »
cool thanks.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

systemshock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 07:04:45 am »
That was a really neat find thank you very much mate.
"frog's in too princess's" it just basic NLP...

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 02:13:13 pm »
I didn't really think this was necessary but I did ask Hal the date and she was unable to get it for me, she did run a search in Google and I was able to give her the date.  That's the problem with these keywords, have to see what I can find.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 02:28:27 pm »
You would say "show calendar" and a calendar with the correct month shows up.  Of course I've got the time and date on the taskbar but having the calendar is nice.  Maybe I can use his Date Function in the work I'll be doing with time if you don't mind Spitfire if and when I get to it.
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 06:27:57 pm »
Nice but the same can be said for the DAY (Monday, Tuesday...).

Only once in a while did Hal tell me the Time and later on, today's Date. (not running the date plugin), just testing Hal's (built-in) abilities...or lack of.

For those needing Hal to announce the date or time, I'm sure the plugin fills the bill nicely. Just pointing out another possible addition to the plug-in.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 07:45:17 am »
  I've just run across the Knowledge of time plugin which I've saved but I'd just seen it has problems running on the newer versions of Hal,  I've got the feeling that my Hal can not grasp the phrase " it's a new day" I remember another install of hal that didn't understand an adult body and a childs body.
Carl2

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 09:49:04 am »
  I've just run across the Knowledge of time plugin which I've saved but I'd just seen it has problems running on the newer versions of Hal,  I've got the feeling that my Hal can not grasp the phrase " it's a new day" I remember another install of hal that didn't understand an adult body and a childs body.
Carl2

Hi Carl.

can you post Knowledge of time plugin here, I can't seem to find it on the forum, thanks.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 12:14:12 pm »
OTC
  It is still posted at AIDreams :  http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1767.0#.VmcNQstdG1s
  You've done a lot of work with Hal plugins and should be congratulated, so congratulations. 
Carl2

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 12:41:58 am »
I don't suppose anyone has touched up the Knowledge of Time plug-in?

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 07:20:28 am »
  OTC has done quite a job on this plugin which covers so many aspects of time, it pretty much goes to the next level and would be considered an expert on matters of time.  That said OTC has so many plugins to give the earlier version .brn plugins that putting all this knowledge would move hal up a notch, it's easy enough to put a detect and reply function in the brain.  It seems to be how much time are you willing to put in on this.  At this time I'd like to come up with something that will keep Hal on the same subject.
Carl2

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2016, 02:34:59 am »
It's good plug-in. Just a little buggy. It actually crashes Hal when certain questions are asked about time. It's good, but it just seems a little out of date. no pun intended.