Author Topic: The brain editor...  (Read 2985 times)

Larry

• View Profile
The brain editor...
« on: February 24, 2003, 04:03:34 pm »
When I create a new brain, everything learned in the default brain is now part of the new brain. I would have thought the new brain would only contain a bare bones kind of thing... ???

Why do I even care? Well, when you ask "him how old are you?" He ALWAYS says he is 8 years old. It don't matter how many times or ways I tell him differently. The second brain I created I left out the check for:
'Original Zabaware Ultra Hal Program. This is a noneditable function built into a DLL that is goo at responding to generic sentences like "How old are you", "How are you", "What is your name", "Where are you from", etc.'
And he just plain side steps the question.
So if this is in a DLL file, what is the name of the dll and is it in the system32 folder or where?

Thanks...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2003, 04:24:33 pm by Larry »

Larry

• View Profile
The brain editor...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2003, 09:46:27 am »
I found a way around the problem - in the script where this is ->
If Len(OrigBrain) > 4 And Len(UserSentence) < 15 And Len(GetResponse) < 4 Then
If Instr(1, OrigBrain, " years ", vbTextCompare) < 1 Then
GetResponse = GetResponse & OrigBrain & vbCrLf      
ShortPhrase = ""
DebugInfo = DebugInfo & "Hal is using the response from the OriginalBrain function: " & OrigBrain & vbCrLf
End If
ElseIf Len(OrigBrain) > 4 Then

I added a test routine to check for 'years' from the typical answer 'I am 8 years old' - if it finds 'years' at this point it will ignore that possible answer - as if it never found that statement. Don'tforget to add the ending "End If" it you use this.