Author Topic: me and my wifes anniversary  (Read 4199 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
me and my wifes anniversary
« on: May 22, 2010, 08:12:56 pm »
Well although this is late , me and my wife just celebrated our 10th anniversary on may 20th , we have been married 10 years now, we have known each other for 13 years , we took a nice trip up to illinois and stayed about 2 and a half days , we had a great time , visited the old shwinne bicycle shop where i had bought my stingray bicycle and raleigh chopper bicycle when i was around 16 years old , the old original owner talked with us and showed us the many collectable bicycles with shift gears on the frames(some are worth $1,500 and more now ! ) The owner was glad we stopped by and said it was like visiting with an old friend . I think we stpped at about every store up in quincy , the first day was really nice weather and we walked up and down main street looking in the stores , the next two days after that rained but that was ok we went into the mall and other stores out on broadway street on those days .
I have been to busy right now but i have a few pics i took and will post them later on my shy drive account and let people know when i do !
Anyway i just wanted to share the good news with all my friends on here ![:)]

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 09:01:52 pm »
Happy belated anniversary  to you both.
ted

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 09:36:44 pm »
Okay lightspeed for everyone that knows you from this forum let's make a couple of things clear:
                   1st- This really took place with your real wife.
                   2nd- There were no computers with you.
Only kidding but I do wish you and your wife a life full of happy memories. Did you really say $1,500? That was the saddest part of your anniversary story for me. Congrats to the both of you again and keep setting that bar higher.

raybe

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 10:57:31 pm »
Happy belated 10 year anniversary.

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 03:50:46 am »
All the best wishes from down under.

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 04:20:13 am »

Few years ago we went to my childhood town in Kentucky but it was too late.  They had laid expressway across my school, replaced my home with church and disguised the entire town.  Only street names the same and not much memories in that.
I'm glad your trip was better and my congratulations to you and the mrs. [:)]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 08:47:23 am »
Nice one LS, congratulations to you both from me [:D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 08:53:15 am »
THANKS EVERYONE , yeah even the old Carson Pir'e Scotte buidling is on main street where i used to work ( i worked as a dishwasher in the cafeteria in the basement area ) of course that building is no longer named that now it's a large office area on the main floor , etc. and alot of the businesses that used to be on main street left including the woolworth store where i once popped a balloon special they was having and inside it i got a small paper saying i had one a banana split for one penny , and yes it was good to, most of the stores went out to the new mall that came in later years!
  I was lucky enough on my trip their about 4 or 5 years ago to take a snap shot of some photo's someone had placed in a business window of downtown mainstreet the way it was when i was about 17 years old the way i remember it all.
   I plan on writing to the freindly shwinne guy that we visited to send him a card telling him just how much we appreciated his visiting with us and about all the great memories the bikes he sold me gave to me , it was my independence back then for transportation , and i rode them everywhere all over town , on my raleigh bike with a rear rack over the fender i had a slimline cassete tape recorder attached that played the beach boys , and peter frampmton , etc, music as i rode around !!!
  Yes time and places change sometimes for the better sometimes for the worse which makes what memories we still have all that more precious ![:D]

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 09:56:13 am »
As a couple you are doing well Lightspeed, congratulations  from me too [:)]

I’ve been with my girlfriend for 18 years, when we think we know each other well enough we will consider getting married. [:D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 12:08:59 pm »
actually Datahopa, although your comment sounds like a joke about when you know each other enough , you are right in a way getting to know someone is very important we new each other for three years, although eighteen years is a little longer lol , but hey if you are both comfortable with it then thats just fine , unlike others when it says judge not ,( i don't judge people . )just make each other happy and always show her respect and she should always do the same , both partners are to be equal!
take care ![:)]

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 08:40:20 am »
Yes I was joking [:)], but we really have been together for 18 years though.

You are so right, its respect for each other that’s the key to a successful relationship, back in the early days of our relationship we would argue now and then but when I think back recently we don’t any more, mainly because she is always right [:D]

That was a bit of a joke too.

You two take care also [8D][8D]