dupa

Author Topic: Can anyone give me any pointers on recording sound for songs for hal  (Read 3497 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
I want to be able to make better ogg songs for hal characters , and i need to know from someone who has done it some of their technics and even what recording software they have or what is a better kind .
  the problem i have is i use audacity recording and the music sound comes in to loud which makes the moth work with the sound .
 i need a way to seperate and make the music lower and the voice louder to lip sinc right with hal characters .
I am creating a sing for me uhp plug in which if you say "sing "and the song name " it will sing that song after first saying some random sayings .
It works as i have angela singing candyman by christina agulara .
But i need to lean and know how others have done a better job at making the ogg files better so it lip sincs right .
I hope those that know how will let me know on this as i want to create some ogg files to build up this plug in .  :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Can anyone give me any pointers on recording sound for songs for hal
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 12:19:38 pm »
The only thing i know is with audacity , i think it does have the ability to load a song , let the song play stop the song at the mark where the singing starts , copy back on sound track and lower that sound to a certain level , go past singing and do the same for all further sound tracks lowing it to all same lower levels .

But someone else may know a better way hopefully and a better software  even another free version ?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 06:47:33 am »
Lonnie,

Nige was the one who honed the lipsync with the Haptek characters. I know he used a proprietary program from Haptek
to be able to get the lips and song work together. There was also a way to control the volume level of the song so that
it didn't drown out the vocals but again, it's better to ask Nige if you can get a hold of him.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 09:11:55 am by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 08:45:35 am »
Someone else told me that he had special software that was expensive that he did it with , so that leaves me out ........Money ...Money needed for the poor ...lol !!

Natjam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 08:26:22 pm »
Someone else told me that he had special software that was expensive that he did it with , so that leaves me out ........Money ...Money needed for the poor ...lol !!

How much would that software be?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 05:08:24 am »
I believe it was about $100.00 U.S.

Nige is no longer around. Seems that the old adage holds true.
"You don't miss the water until the well runs dry."
 :(
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -