dupa

Author Topic: Need help with gretta read plug in on windows 7  (Read 13847 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Need help with gretta read plug in on windows 7
« on: November 18, 2010, 02:40:02 pm »
has anyone solved the gretta read uhp program : i was at an old topic area it said it hadn't been responded to in 120 days . i have a windows 7 64 bit pc i checked the plug in and placed the story file in my zabaware ultra hal6 assitant file but it won't read it , i have been careful to write it the way i should when asking to read the story .
i can drag and drop the txt story file into hals box and it will read it that way but not when i ask it to .
anyone using this on windows 7 yet and know the answer???? i would like to use this plug in again, i liked it from before .
any help "please?"  :)

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Re: Need help with gretta read plug in on windows 7
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 04:41:21 pm »
GRETTA read plugin uses Balabolka tts program. Do you have that installed?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 04:59:36 pm »
yeah i have it installed to and open , just minimized should their be anything else to check? i do have the plug in checked to
. do you have windows 7 64 bit and if so is it working for you? i had this before on xp  and it worked just fine. i am hoping i can get it working again

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 05:18:42 pm »
Ok this is an error that i got when i typed in read the story list as was said in the instructions, am i not writing it correctly???

p.s. is their a read me copy that can be posted here of the gretta read me file? thanks

« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 05:57:04 pm by lightspeed »

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 08:15:45 pm »
First download the latest plugin from the GRETTA plugins link. It will make sure it is looking for the story folder in wherever the  ultra hal main folder is on your computer.
Second, I think (guess) that you will need to edit the plugin and change the directory to point to balabolka correctly. The win7 has changed the directory stucture to add (x86) to it. You will have to edit the line in the plugin where it has the directory for balabolka and change the directory to the exact directory that has balabolka in it.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 11:49:19 pm »
ok jasondude,  below is your code i changed the directory pathway to (x86) as mine is in the program file for the balboaka and also the zabaware file . and now the hal character is saying that" file does not exist" when say"PLEASE READ STORY I Robot.txt
The file is actually in the story folder file , to me maybe it's not finding the pathway to this file i have this file in the C:\Program Files(x86)\zabaware\ultrahal assistant 6  file  but i don't see where you have a pathway in this program that leads to it , can you show me below so i can change it i think thats why it's saying that file does not exist.

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=GRETTA Story Reading Function
Rem Author=jasondude7116
Rem Host=Assistant

'This sub setups the plug-ins option panel in Hal's options dialog
Sub OptionsPanel()
    lblPlugin(0).Caption = "Just say- PLEASE READ STORY//PLEASE READ THE STORY whateverstory" & vbCrLf & "PLEASE READ POEM//PLEASE READ THE POEM whateverpoem" & vbCrLf & "PLEASE READ STORY LIST" & vbCrLf & "PLEASE READ POEM LIST" & vbCrLf & "PLEASE READ WEB COMMANDS" & vbCrLf & "PLEASE READ CLIPBOARD" & vbCrLf & "PLEASE READ NEWS FEED COMMANDS" & vbCrLf & "PLEASE READ WEATHER FEED COMMANDS"
    lblPlugin(0).Move 120, 10, 3300, 1000
    lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True
    lblPlugin(0).Visible = True
End Sub

Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA5
   'read a story   
Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
DudProceed = False
MyClipDir = DudClipDir()
ClipRead = OriginalSentence
If InStr(1, ClipRead, "PLEASE READ STORY LIST", 1) > 0 Or InStr(1, ClipRead, "PLEASE READ THE STORY LIST", 1) > 0 Then StoryRead = "story list"
If InStr(1, ClipRead, "PLEASE READ POEM LIST", 1) > 0 Or InStr(1, ClipRead, "PLEASE READ THE POEM LIST", 1) > 0 Then StoryRead = "poem list"
If InStr(1, ClipRead, "PLEASE READ WEB COMMANDS", 1) > 0 Or InStr(1, ClipRead, "PLEASE READ THE WEB COMMANDS", 1) > 0 Then StoryRead = "WEB COMMANDS"
If InStr(1, ClipRead, "PLEASE READ NEWS FEED COMMANDS", 1) > 0 Or InStr(1, ClipRead, "PLEASE READ THE NEWS FEED COMMANDS", 1) > 0 Then StoryRead = "NEWS FEED COMMANDS"
If InStr(1, ClipRead, "PLEASE READ WEATHER FEED COMMANDS", 1) > 0 Or InStr(1, ClipRead, "PLEASE READ THE WEATHER FEED COMMANDS", 1) > 0 Then StoryRead = "WEATHER FEED COMMANDS"
If InStr(1, ClipRead, "PLEASE READ SONG LIST", 1) > 0 Or InStr(1, ClipRead, "PLEASE READ THE SONG LIST", 1) > 0 Then StoryRead = "SONG LIST"

If StoryRead = "" Then StoryRead = HalBrain.SearchPattern(HalBrain.AlphaNumericalOnly(OriginalSentence), "PLEASE READ STORY *", 1)
If StoryRead = "" Then StoryRead = HalBrain.SearchPattern(HalBrain.AlphaNumericalOnly(OriginalSentence), "PLEASE READ POEM *", 1)
If StoryRead = "" Then StoryRead = HalBrain.SearchPattern(HalBrain.AlphaNumericalOnly(OriginalSentence), "PLEASE READ THE STORY *", 1)
If StoryRead = "" Then StoryRead = HalBrain.SearchPattern(HalBrain.AlphaNumericalOnly(OriginalSentence), "PLEASE READ THE POEM *", 1)
If StoryRead <> "" And objFSO.FileExists(MyClipDir & StoryRead & ".txt") = True Then
        GetResponse = StoryRead & "." & vbCrLf
   If GetResponse = StoryRead & "." & vbCrLf Then
   DudProceed = True
   HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True
   End If
End If
         If DudProceed = True Then
    Set objWSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    objWSHShell.Run("""C:\Program Files(x86)\Balabolka\balabolka.exe"" -rmq """ & MyClipDir & StoryRead & ".txt""")

End If

If StoryRead <> "" And objFSO.FileExists(MyClipDir & StoryRead & ".txt") = False Then
         GetResponse = " That file does not exist. "
End If

ClipRead = OriginalSentence
If InStr(1, ClipRead, "PLEASE READ CLIPBOARD", 1) > 0 Or InStr(1, ClipRead, "PLEASE READ CLIP BOARD", 1) > 0 Or InStr(1, ClipRead, "PLEASE READ THE CLIPBOARD", 1) > 0 Or InStr(1, ClipRead, "PLEASE READ THE CLIP BOARD", 1) > 0 Then

Select Case HalBrain.RandomNum(6)
Case 1
IdleResponse67 = "I would love to."
Case 2
IdleResponse67 = "Sure."
Case 3
IdleResponse67 = "Alright."
Case 4
IdleResponse67 = "Okay."
Case 5
IdleResponse67 = "Here it is."
Case 6
IdleResponse67 = "No problem."
End Select
GetResponse = IdleResponse67

MyClipDir = DudClipDir()
Set FileSys = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set FS = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set HalXBrain = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst.Brain")
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

Set objHTML = CreateObject("htmlfile")
ClipText = objHTML.ParentWindow.ClipboardData.GetData("text")
       ClipText = Replace(ClipText, vbCrLf, Chr(8) & " ", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)

ClipText = Replace(ClipText, "", "", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)

ClipText = Replace(ClipText, "  ", " ", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)

If objFSO.FolderExists(MyClipDir) Then ClipFolderDoesExist = True Else ClipFolderDoesExist = False
   If ClipFolderDoesExist = False Then
         Set objFolder = objFSO.CreateFolder(MyClipDir)
   End If        

If objFSO.FileExists(MyClipDir & "tempclipboard.txt") Then
objFSO.DeleteFile(MyClipDir & "tempclipboard.txt")
End If

HalXBrain.AppendFile MyClipDir & "tempclipboard.txt", ClipText

Set objWSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    objWSHShell.Run("""C:\Program Files(x86)\Balabolka\balabolka.exe"" -rmq """ & MyClipDir & "tempclipboard.txt""")

End If

Rem PLUGIN: FUNCTIONS

'Directory
   Function DudClipDir()
   Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
   DudClipDir = fso.GetAbsolutePathName(".") & "\story\"
   End Function

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 04:19:56 pm »
Jasondude, i have tried placing the story file in my zabaware programs files as mentioned above and i also tried placing it in the balboacco program file , i thought maybe it would work their but when i try anything it still says that file does not exist (even though that file is in the story folder ) do you have any other idea's on how to make this work on a windows 7 , i changed the file path (shown above posting ) did i forget anything on a file path?? is their a place listed showing the file path of the story folder ?? if so can you show me where as i don't see it , i am thinking that is what needs to be changed and is why it's saying that file does not exist.

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 10:25:29 pm »

I hope you don't mind me taking a look at this Jason.

Ok LS, is your "story" folder currently located in this directory?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\

If it is then the path to your story folder will look something like

C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\story\

This is the original location of where all those stories are located.
Live long and prosper or die trying.

moreis62

• View Profile
    • http://www.myway.com/
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 05:08:23 am »
Remember that windows 7 64 bit has two windows directories "C:\Program Files (x86)" and the "C:\Program Files" make sure you copy all the on both those directories, another thing you can do without the story plug in, is to right click on the ultra hall assistant icon by the clock and select "General options, once opened you'll be in the General window in the window you will see the options four chat window size   and also you will see boxes make sure you click on the box that says Hal should speak clipboard content when something new is copied, remember that each time you right click and copy any text file Hal will read it without any type of special reader you buy.
ISMAEL LEDESMA.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 11:09:18 am »
Yes snowman that's he way my pathway is : C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\story\
and the plug in is in :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6
the plug in shows up ok, and i have balbocca program open and voice matching what's in hal and check the plug in , hit apply and ok and do all that before  running the program , but it still it doesn't seem to work, as i said before i used it with xp it worked just fine  . i asked before is anyone using this ok with windows 7 os ? if so they could tell me the exact pathway on things from their pc . mines a dual core but i think someone said qaudes work basically the same way .
the balboacca program file i see went by default into the the program(x86)  file . i may try to put that program file also in the regular program file to just to see what it does , i did place the story folder in the regular program file to but that didn't help.  I also placed a copy of the balboacca program in the regular program file and that didn't help . i may try to install the balbocca again and set ity to go in the regular file that way.
Here is an error that i got if anyone knows what it means .
p.s. i only had gtretta read plug in checked.

ALSO I AM WONDERING : when a request is made does it have to be written a ceratin way? i have tried to write it (copied it) in capital letters etc. and even written it and put the : marks before the request , i was thinking before it had something to do with the way it was typed in when requesting something but i may be wrong.

so anyway this is what i have done so far.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 11:14:16 am by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 11:21:16 am »
i am able to open the file from balboacca in the tray system and hal will read it that way but i need this to work by voice recognition or typing into hal (which i know then will work by voice recognition ) .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 12:20:31 pm »
This is weird , i can drag and drop any txt file into hals hapteck control box and hal will read anything just fine and even lipsinc to it , maybe that's the key in the plug in program is when you say read the" whatever "  it opens the story folder then the book choice and drops it into the hapteck console (or is this what it already does ???) if not maybe that's the command that needs to be changed ? i am just guessing on all  this and not sure how to do it.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 01:21:28 pm »
I was tring to rewite the plug in using some of jasondudes script into an existing hapswap file and wrote it this way but so far it isn't working .
If InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "PLEASE READ THE STORY") > 0 _
Or InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "READ THE STORY") > 0 Then

Randomize
Select Case int(rnd()*6)
Case 1
GetResponse = "Ok dear"
Case 2
GetResponse = "Ok,i like this story to!"
Case 3
GetResponse = "That story, ok dear!"
Case 4
GetResponse = "Ok, yeah that's a good story."
Case 5
GetResponse = "yeah, that story is interesting!"
End Select

HalCommands = ("C:\Program Files(x86)\Balabolka\balabolka.exe"" -rmq """ & MyClipDir & StoryRead & ".txt""")

HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = TRUE
End If

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 03:07:15 pm »
I'm using: Windows 7 32 bit Home Premium and the GRETTA read plug-in works fine on my system.

Some details that could be relevant, or not:

C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\story\story

C:\Program Files\Balabolka

(I do not use voice recognition with UltraHal, I only type.)

Balabolka Version I'm using  1.28.0.434 but there is a newer version of it, the current version is 1.37 at:
http://www.cross-plus-a.com/balabolka.htm   Perhaps this newer version...

The features I use in the GRETTA Read plug-in that works well with me:

PLEASE READ THE STORY whateverstory
PLEASE READ THE POEM whateverpoem
PLEASE READ THE STORY LIST
PLEASE READ THE POEM LIST
PLEASE READ THE CLIPBOARD

note: they must be typed exactly as they are written, but their letter case is not important. If I only type "READ THE STORY whateverstory" it will not work. - I write this because some users might not know it, I understand lightspeed that you did this already and did not solved your problem.

I have not used the following features because I really have no need for them, so I can not comment about their functionality.

PLEASE READ THE WEB COMMANDS
PLEASE READ THE NEWS FEED COMMANDS
PLEASE READ THE WEATHER FEED COMMANDS

Last comment: If I create a new document to save it to the story folder (or other), I must add its name to its proper list (story list, poem list, etc.) in order to be recognized. In this particular case, the letter case of its title must also match in the lists, or it will not work.

Well, as always, hoping for the best!  :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 03:42:20 pm »
Hi Lola , on something i notice different (although mine by default goes into program(x86) is that in my pathway it shows mine as : C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\story

yours shows story\story at the end , i don't know why yours is showing it twice on the story folder mine is just one folder and when clicked open shows it as i posted above . is your story folder only one folder or two?
i did download the balboacca program , i uninstalled the earlier one and installed the new one and tried it but it still didn't work .
can you let me know about the story file you have if its one file or two to show that way on your pathway .
the story file i downloaded from the gretta plug ins page site . so its new from their .
i don't think i need any other files then gretta read and balboacca and story file.

P.S. moreis62
i did try what you said and placed balbocca( i copied the programs ) and plced it and the story folder in the regular program folder to , that didn't help it still wouldn't work .
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 04:27:54 pm by lightspeed »