dupa

Author Topic: garbage characters  (Read 3310 times)

lambar

• View Profile
    • http://www.donet.com/~megron
garbage characters
« on: July 08, 2004, 04:05:15 pm »
I seem to get nonsense characters after I talk to hal.  I would stop talking, then I would see words like home or long, come accross on the display.  I am using XP, and have went through the training of my voice.  The HAL Pad works fine.

Bill819

• View Profile
garbage characters
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 04:29:08 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lambar

I seem to get nonsense characters after I talk to hal.  I would stop talking, then I would see words like home or long, come accross on the display.  I am using XP, and have went through the training of my voice.  The HAL Pad works fine.

I have found that it takes many hours for Hal to be able to understand almost everything correctly. I also noticed that background noises, in my case my air conditioner hissing, greately impeeded Hal's ability to correctly understand me. I have gon back and reread the text several times in order to improve on Hal's hearing or understanding. Try , try , again.
Bill

lambar

• View Profile
    • http://www.donet.com/~megron
garbage characters
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 10:34:42 am »
I understand that it takes time to work with HAL, but it appears to be some programatical (sp?) error.  Next time I talk to hal, I will download our conversation.  Below is an example from memory

I would say something to him (i.e. whats my fathers name?)
He would response - Your fathers name is john.

Then the editor window, where I can optionally type would be populated with nonsense - long long long long long home

Hal would responsd - yes its a long long haul (something like that).

I didnt type in words or neither did I talk.  I am using the extented brain that I found in the downloadable error.  I guess I can try starting over. Thanks