Author Topic: Script help  (Read 4762 times)

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Script help
« on: February 23, 2009, 07:50:08 pm »
ANYONE?

is there a way that i can script a response to wait 10 seconds (or whatever time), then open a .mp3 file?

i can't use the <runprog> command because it says "i will open this program for you" ect. as an added reponse (i don't want that response to be there)
i know how to open text files with vb, but i can't find how to open other files. (maybe wshell?)
i also don't understand how to make the script "wait" a short amount of time before continuing with the script.

and as a added bonus......i am trying to figure out if the
"Hal Reader" program (not halpad) has a command line structure to open files. like entering the program name then a flag then the file to open .....ect.

i have been looking for these answers for about 4 weeks solid, no results[:I]

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL THE HELP YOU HAVE GIVEN ME
(anything i ask for is put into something...plugin ect. that i upload here)
-the dude

Buttonsvixen

• View Profile
Script help
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 10:04:11 pm »
Actually, I think I might have run across the "I will open the program for you" line in the script editor...? Maybe? Somewhere I though I saw it, because I changed all the the stuff in there HAL came with such as what he says when people insult him, how many times they have to insult him, what he says when people dont say anything ect. perhaps you could just either change the wording to your liking or remove the text contained in the quotes?
Blind leading the blind here....-LAWL-
Sometimes, a daisy is better then a rose.

Larry

• View Profile
Script help
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 07:32:46 pm »
What you might have to do is write a small vb script that does a delay then actually calls the music player... but your problem will be... passing on the name of the song through the middle program... I know a way to do it, but there ARE WAY EASIER AND FASTER from some of the other members here...

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Script help
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 07:58:40 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Larry

What you might have to do is write a small vb script that does a delay then actually calls the music player... but your problem will be... passing on the name of the song through the middle program... I know a way to do it, but there ARE WAY EASIER AND FASTER from some of the other members here...

i know how to pass the song name...ect. i don't know how to do the delay: for a short time period, such as 5 or 10 seconds.

thanks for the reply dude. i have run into a brick wall on some things. i will figure them out sooner or later, then i will post
THE MOST AWSOME PLUGIN EVER!!!! HA HA HA HA!!!! (maddening stare)

just kidding, i haven't really been diagnosed as a psycho. no matter what they tell you![:D]
(and this plugin is not so....awsome)[:I]

-the dude

Larry

• View Profile
Script help
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 09:40:27 pm »
'   Sleep for 5 seconds
'   WScript.Sleep 5000
'   Sleep for 10 seconds
'   WScript.Sleep 10000
'   Sleep for 20 seconds
'   WScript.Sleep 20000

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Script help
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 10:42:22 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Larry

'   Sleep for 5 seconds
'   WScript.Sleep 5000
'   Sleep for 10 seconds
'   WScript.Sleep 10000
'   Sleep for 20 seconds
'   WScript.Sleep 20000

Thank you very much!
i will give this a try in my script!
-the dude

Larry

• View Profile
Script help
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 11:43:11 pm »
You understand you can't put this directly in Hal's script, right??? Hal has to call another script that "sleep" is in, then that script with the "sleep" has to call your music player...

the lines with 'in front is treated as a comment so for which ever one you want to use , you have to remove the ' for it to work... you should research vb programming if you want to use this stuff cause it can lead to  high stress levels when weird things happen...