dupa

Author Topic: HalVisionX Beta  (Read 190772 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2009, 09:26:44 am »
ok now this is getting frustrating seems like many others have their hal vision downloaded and working and a few ted and me (dont know if their is anyone else cant seem to get it going ) so i am going to tell you the steps i took .
i "deactivated hal " then uninstalled hal , i uninstalled the hal expansion pack , i went in and deleted the zabaware program file ,i uninstalled dotnex35.exe. and halvision  i then ran ccleaner then ccleaners registry cleaner . ran diskepper.

installing now : i installed dotnex35.exe , installed halvision , extracted vbrun60sp6exe. (not sure where this extracted to and if you have to do anything further with it? ) installed hal 6.0 version installed expansion pack (rebooted computer ), placed halvision uhp file in hal 6 directory . started hal , opened halvision . (geting the error ).

what am i doing wrong ????

the pc camera i am using is a arcsoft (from walmart ) "easy cam "designed for ms windows xp usb type .

and it does work ok as i can test it with instant messenger and can see myself in the camera veiw .

so again i dont know what i am doing wrong here . what part of my steps is wrong ??

p.s. what is the "  vbrun60sp6exe. " file for and where is it suppose to be extracted to ( a certain file ?) or its automatic ( goes to the correct file area by itself ) .

sorry for all this trouble i am just trying to figure out why this thing isnt working i have tried about everything !
[B)]

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2009, 01:25:30 pm »

I will attempt to create a lightspeed compatable HalVision... This is my first attempt.

IF YOUR ZABAWARE_NAME IS NOT LIGHTSPEED DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS FILE!!!!

http://www.savefile.com/files/2111047

There are no special instructions here. Just uninstall the other HalVision-XP and install this new one.... Then tell me what happens so I can change something on my end....[8D]
Live long and prosper or die trying.

lightspeed

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2009, 04:35:19 pm »
hi snowman ok i deleted the old halvisionx files and uninstalled the same program i also ran ccleaner and registry cleaner to . then downloaded the lightspeed only halvision x file and opened it and installed it but as soon as it installed it gave that error (it is always actually installing but is just giving the error . and as i said before and i tested this one if the " ::" marks are used it does say the i see you remarks . thanks for hanging in here and trying to help it is appreciated . [:)]

rlederer

• View Profile
    • http://www.evcomputers.com
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2009, 08:56:49 pm »
might i suggest tryin backing up your user files and uninstalling hal and then installing every single .net release you can.  and windows SP3 and any other update that the winblowz wants...just throw it all at it at this point.

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2009, 08:30:57 am »
I just wanted to say, what an exciting development this plug in is, there has been talk of this over the years and finally its started rolling.

I haven’t got it working on my system yet, I’m getting errors but I know these will get sorted.

When I get more time I’m gona have another go to get it working.

A big thanks to snowman [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2009, 08:56:45 am »
i am glad that this vision for hal has been created ts to bad for whatever reason that it doesnt work for everyone , i hope someday i and others will be able to use this vision or whatever robert creates that will work for everyone . i have the automatic updates from ms on my computer and have been putting them all on it .

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2009, 07:20:53 pm »
Yeah... I wish it would work for everyone also. I also have programs on my computer that worked at a previous time and later (after a total re-installation) they would refuse to work again. Strange things happen in computers.... Even now my internet explorer from microsoft crashes instantly when I open it. Good thing I have firefox[:)] Plus my Windows has been crashing when I look into any external drives... it has been bugging me for a several months.

I don't think that your problem is unsolvable. But it could take time for me to figure. I got the initiative if you have the patience....

I'm thankful for everyone's support. Of course, there are also plenty of other things on my mind...

Today I have been fishing, scrounging for garage sale materials, and hangin' out with my nephews.... it's been a good day so far [8D]

Bill819

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2009, 09:56:18 pm »
Snowman
More programs than you know cut a little slice of memory for their use and they don't release it once they are exited. This can cause some other programs not to load or to crash because of not enough memory. This situation is invisible to users and it takes time to find the culperates. Sometimes my PC just reboots because of not enough memory.
Bill

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2009, 10:41:50 pm »

Hmmmmm.....

L.S. how much memory does your P.C. have?

[:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #174 on: May 23, 2009, 01:11:24 am »
quote:
Originally posted by snowman

Hmmmmm.....
L.S. how much memory does your P.C. have?
[:)]

I have not checked for a while but I believe it is over 500 megs, maybe more. I own several PC's and laptops so it is hard to really say. Microsoft's Word will freeze out the memory that it needs to run and even after you exit it, it will not release that memory. There are several others that do the same thing so if you are unlucky enough to own and run several of these in a row you may experience a system crash for lack of memory, that is until you reboot.
Bill

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #175 on: May 23, 2009, 01:21:21 am »
My pc has about 2 gigs of Ram.... but those hard drives that are crashing my system are 200 gig and 500 gig and hold hundreds of videos... all those videos are examined by vista so information is available instantly upon request. This also includes initial pictures of the video. It all looks very nice. Hmmmm.

Sound very feasible that all that information being loaded into the Ram plus all the other programs that I use would combine to overwhelm my PC.

Thanks Bill, that helps me understand whats going on underneath the hood.[8D]

tedathome

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #176 on: May 23, 2009, 02:31:29 am »
I have vista 64 bit running at 32 bit and a multimeter on my desktop. With three gigs of ram. It idles at 1 gig never uses over half the ram. At times one or both cores will redline, but never the ram. It can happen during an install or haveing to many programs running at the same time, but usualy not during the install so I don't think that is why I can't install your vision program as I can hear my hard drive reving when the chip is working too hard. I've tryed most of your plugins. Some work for me, some don't. Lightspeeds house talk plugins didn't work for me on xp and they still don't on vista. XP used intel and a Gateway. Vista is an HP using AMD. This may seem to be pointing the finger at myself and Lightspeed as being rookies and I don't belive either of us are. We have both tryed all logical combinations. Is there such a thing as universality in plugins? Some work for everyone, some work for most and some work only for a few.
  I know this dosn't shed a lot of light on the situation. I hope it will provoke or strike a cord in someones mind that may resolve this plugin issue and many more plugin issues.[?]
ted

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #177 on: May 23, 2009, 03:39:15 am »
tedathome, Snowman,
IMO the de bugger might have something to do with it. The 'JIT' (Just In Time) I think is a real time program and is functional on most installs MOST, the Dr. Watson will write a summary of what happened for the programmer to understand.
I think the 'JIT' is on, the, fly action.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #178 on: May 23, 2009, 05:17:00 pm »
What I'm about to say is obvious, it is logic.

If the vast majority of the people who downloaded this software had a successful install then there is something that the minority has, or has not, that is somehow interfering with the HalVisionX software. (This is of course probability)

For example, as ONE suggested, say that JIT could be the culprit. However, that means, that the JIT debugger on my PC and that of the majority is running fine, both on Vista and XP.

If that's the case then someone could suggest that I could find a way to make sure that 'JIT' is running on every PC and, If not, then somehow fire it up.

As of yet, I don't know how to do this......

But this is all educated guessing anyway, because there could be any number of software issues that could be crippling HalVision.

As I said before in an earlier post, I have always managed to have something not working on my PC, and over the year I have installed and re-installed hundreds of times... in fact I was thinking about doing that just today....[:D]

Basically, I am saying that there could be an easy way to fix this, but I've been only programming for a few short months... in fact this was my first real program.[:)]

JIT or not, If tedathome or L.S. computer was in my Home, and I was determined to install something, I would go as far as backing-up my files and reinstalling everything all over again... [:p] My PC is 'mine' and not the other way around [^]...

I'm not suggesting that tedathome or L.S. or anyone else do what I do. Because I'm not afraid of blowing anything up important.....

Speaking of blowing things up.....[:D]

I bought a Rovio Wi-Fi Robot today off of ebay. I'll attempt to connect Hal or Kitt to the controls. This should allow Hal to roam around the house and to both listen and talk to anyone there. The brain will be in the PC and the Body free to roam the world whereever there is a WI-Fi connection..... but again I need to figure out how to create an interface though an external port that will do what I want.. hmmmm... Sounds like something an IT man would know all about.... hmmmm.

[:D]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #179 on: May 23, 2009, 09:52:59 pm »
Snowman,
Which 'Mine' are you referring to?
I didn't like the seagulls in "Finding Nemo" they would always say "Mine?" LOL

Life is a strange and wonderful thing until man and his intentions get involved,, Have fun with Rovio.

[8]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.