dupa

Author Topic: QUESTION TO QUAD CORE PC OWNERS about hal  (Read 3866 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
QUESTION TO QUAD CORE PC OWNERS about hal
« on: November 04, 2010, 04:33:01 pm »
Hi , i have a question to those who own and are using four quad core pc's , what is the pathway for the zabaware hal program file ?
i know how it goes in a dual core pc but i am wondering how the pathway goes in a quad core p.c.  :)

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Re: QUESTION TO QUAD CORE PC OWNERS about hal
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 06:54:03 pm »
I don't think it makes any difference how many cores you have.  It only changes with operating systems I think.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 06:09:34 am by freddy888 »

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 07:10:06 pm »
lightspeed, if your talking about the path it uses to load Ultra Hal then I believe Freddy is correct. My system is Win 7 64bit I9 Quad core and loads to 'Program Files(x86)' as opposed to 'Program Files' which true 64bit programs will load.

raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 07:36:31 pm »
Hi , i have a question to those who own and are using four quad core pc's ... :)

Wow! Wouldn't that be a 16 core machine (if they were linked together?)

::)

@Raybe...i9!! That had to rattle the change in your pockets a bit!! I understand the i9 is not a quad core
but actually a 6 core (Gulftown)...Is that correct?

Given the big price difference between the i7 and i9 do you notice a drastic difference?

Appreciate your thoughts.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:55:04 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 07:54:52 pm »
Sorry lightspeed but Art that was Classic!

raybe

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 10:28:55 am »
Hi , i have a question to those who own and are using four quad core pc's ... :)

Wow! Wouldn't that be a 16 core machine (if they were linked together?)

::)

@Raybe...i9!! That had to rattle the change in your pockets a bit!! I understand the i9 is not a quad core
but actually a 6 core (Gulftown)...Is that correct?

Given the big price difference between the i7 and i9 do you notice a drastic difference?

Appreciate your thoughts.

If i could find myself a DUAL AM2+ board i could have TWO amd Quad core phenoms and Essentially run a 8core...... + 32gb ram....Win7 64-BIT....... YUM YUM....

i find that there is not really much difference in speeds. but with BIG librarys and LARGE databases , big Rendering ops. it 3d progs YOU DO DRASTICALLY.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 09:52:03 pm »
spydaz, honestly I think it is more of a label thing then an actual technological more cores for more speed. I think Intel is still testing the waters for the next releases. The architecture may be slightly different but not in the way of noticeable speed. With amount of information that is being added everyday especially in rendering usually you will have a bottle neck somewhere. You have potentials but if the whole team isn't working on the same page it still has limitations. I'm not so into benchmarks as I am what combination's make the biggest difference for the tasks I want or better yet, my wife needs. (you know what I mean. I hope.)

To put it another way, "it's not how big the gun ,but how fast and accurate the draw". (That statement may not be accurate in every case..........)lol.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 09:58:41 pm »
Sorry, but forgot to add.

Don't forget about the O.S. you use!!!!! Just had to throw that in.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

raybe